Here is what families can expect during a strike.
- IHSCA will continue to remain open for our students.
- Students are highly encouraged to attend school but will not be penalized for being absent.
- A safe space will be provided supervised by our administrative team and plenty of support staff ready to welcome your child.
- Students should arrive between 7:00am - 8:00am.
- Must arrive with their school uniform and school laptop.
- Families can expect to see CTU members and supporting guests picketing at the front of the school. Our safety and security team will ensure that your child gets safely into our school.
- Students will receive breakfast and lunch.
- IHSCA has dedicated support staff ready so your child may have a productive day.
- Students can engage in credit recovery, tutoring, and activities at the Rauner YMCA for physical exercises and educational games.
- Students will be dismissed by 1:00 pm during the strike.
- After-school activities like conditioning will continue at the regular time of 3:00 pm.
We understand the importance of your child's education and are committed to providing a safe and supportive environment during any potential strike. Thank you for your understanding, and we will keep you updated on any developments.